A variety of sessions will qualify for the following: Illinois State Board of Education Professional Development Clock Hours; Continuing Education (CE) for Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, and Physical Therapists license renewal through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation; Gateways to Opportunity Registry and Early Intervention Credentialing hours.
Refer to the At A Glance schedule to view sessions that have been EI approved.
Instructions for Continuing Education Credit
Several continuing education credits are offered through the Sharing A Vision Conference, including Illinois State Board of Education professional development, Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Gateways Registry, and Early Intervention credentialing hours. See below for details on how to obtain credit. If you have any questions, credentialing assistance will be provided at the Help Booth during the following times: October 7 10:30-11:00, October 8 10:30-11:15, and October 8 1:00-2:00. You can also email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line SAV during or after the conference.
For all types of continuing education credit:
- Attend sessions as desired live during the two-day conference or recordings through November 8.
- Complete session evaluation at the end of each session.
- Keep track of all sessions attended. You can use the At-A-Glance schedule to help with this. You will see sessions eligible for Early Intervention Credit indicated in the last column. Tally total contact hours and early intervention contact hours prior to completing the conference evaluation. NOTE: You must attend the ENTIRE session to receive credit.
- Once you are done viewing sessions, complete the conference evaluation form found in the platform. Select you are wanting to receive credit when the question is asked. If you do not select yes, you will not complete the appropriate questions to receive credit. You will be selecting all sessions attended and input total hours. Credit is given on a 1:1 basis. For example, sessions are 1.25 hours so they receive 1.25 hours of credit. You will also need your IEIN number, Gateways number, and/or IDFPR license number if you are wanting those credit types. Do not complete the conference evaluation until you have viewed all sessions desired up through November 8, 2021.
- At the end of the conference evaluation, you will receive a follow-up email. Please check your junk mail. This follow-up email contains the attached ISBE Evidence of Completion form as well as a general conference certificate. You will need to write in your name and total hours. It is your responsibility to save and print these documents.
- The follow-up email will also contain a record of your evaluation responses. Save this for your records as it lists the sessions you attended. Responses will be emailed from email@example.com with the subject heading “SAV 2021 Conference Evaluation.”
- Conference evaluations cannot be accepted after November 8, 2021, so no credit will be given through Sharing a Vision after that time.
- If the conference evaluation is not completed, no credit will be given with no exceptions.
Information Regarding Specific Types of Credentialing
Early Intervention Credentialing
- Sessions approved for Early Intervention Credentialing are indicated with an asterisk on the Verification of Continuing Education/Credentialing Hours form.
- Turn in documentation (certificate of attendance and conference evaluation responses, which are emailed to you after completion of the conference evaluation) to the Early Intervention Provider Connections department at the time of credential renewal.
Gateways Registry Verified Conference
- Attendees who are Gateways registry members will receive credit on their professional development record for each session they attend at the conference. Gateways will enter credits after November 8, 2021.
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- This applies to continuing education (CE) for Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists.
- Keep for your records documentation, including the certificate of attendance and conference evaluation responses, which are emailed to you after completion of the conference evaluation.
Illinois State Board of Education Licensed Educator Professional Development Credit Hours
- The conference evaluation will ask if you would like to receive ISBE credit. Select yes and you must provide your IEIN number. If you do not know your IEIN number, visit this site: https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Educator-Licensure-Information-System.aspx. No credit will be given without answering ISBE related questions on the conference evaluation and submitting your IEIN number.
Keep for your records documentation, including the ISBE Evidence of Completion form and conference evaluation responses, which are emailed to you after completion of the conference evaluation.