A variety of sessions will qualify for the following: Illinois State Board of Education Professional Development Clock Hours; Continuing Education (CE) for Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, and Physical Therapists license renewal through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation; Gateways to Opportunity Registry and Early Intervention Credentialing hours.
Refer to the At A Glance schedule to view sessions that have been EI approved.
Instructions for Continuing Education Credit
Several continuing education credits are offered through the Sharing A Vision Conference, including Illinois State Board of Education professional development, Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Gateways Registry, and Early Intervention credentialing hours. See below for details on how to obtain credit. If you have any questions, assistance is provided at the continuing education/credentialing table.
For all types of continuing education credit:
- Attend sessions as desired.
- On Verification of Continuing Education/Credentialing Hours form (found in your conference folder), circle all sessions attended. NOTE: You must attend the ENTIRE session to receive credit. DO NOT ALTER HOURS ON THE FORM.
- Tally contact hours.
- Keep the white (top) copy and place the yellow copy in the boxes provided as you leave the conference. Forms will not be accepted until AFTER you attend your last entire session. You may not leave a session early and claim credit for that session. Forms cannot be accepted after October 4, 2019 and must be received onsite.
- The overall conference evaluation must be completed within the Guidebook App to receive credit.
In addition, follow steps below for the type of credit you are wishing to receive.
Early Intervention Credentialing
- Sessions approved for Early Intervention Credentialing are indicated with an asterisk on the Verification of Continuing Education/Credentialing Hours form.
- Turn in documentation (certificate of attendance and verification form) to the Early Intervention Provider Connections department at the time of credential renewal.
Gateways Registry Verified Conference
- Attendees who are Gateways registry members will receive credit on their professional development record for each session they attend at the conference. Gateways will enter credits following the conference.
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- This applies to continuing education (CE) for Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists.
Illinois State Board of Education Licensed Educator Professional Development Credit Hours
- Complete the Verification of Continuing Education/Credentialing Hours form and retain white copy in your records.
- Turn in yellow copy of the Verification of Continuing Education/Credentialing Hours onsite prior to leaving the conference. Forms cannot be turned in early unless you are leaving the conference early, nor will forms be accepted after the close of the conference.
- Participants must complete the conference evaluation in the Guidebook app. The conference evaluation will ask if you would like to receive ISBE credit. Select yes and you must provide your IEIN number. If you do not know your IEIN number, visit this site: https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Educator-Licensure-Information-System.aspx. No credit will be given without answering ISBE related questions on the conference evaluation and submitting your IEIN number.
- The ISBE Evidence of Completion form will be emailed by November 9, 2021.