Call for Nominations
The Illinois Division of Early Childhood (IDEC) is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the Jeanette A. McCollum Award for Service to the Field and IDEC Family Engagement Award. To be presented at Sharing A Vision 2019, October 3rd Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center East Peoria, IL. Sharing A Vision is coordinated by The Illinois Division of Early Childhood (IDEC).
Recipient must be able to attend Sharing A Vision 2019. Nominations must be submitted directly to email@example.com. The person(s) submitting the nomination must submit a one-page letter with the name of the nominee and a brief statement explaining why the nomination is being submitted. Three letters of support must also be submitted by the contact person submitting the nomination. Direct email and phone information for one contact person must be included within the email. All documents must be submitted at the same time. All nominations are due by Friday, May 31 at 11:59 PM.
Candidates for the Jeanette A. McCollum Award shall meet the following criteria:
- Be a professional in an agency or an organization in the field of early intervention/early childhood (Birth-8), family member, student or community member, or an area that directly impacts early intervention/early childhood (e.g., government);
- It is encouraged, but not required, that the candidate be a current member of DEC;
- Have made significant contributions on a state, regional, or local level which have improved or will improve the lives of young children with special needs, their families, or those who work on their behalf. Contributions may be in direct services, personnel preparation, leadership, policy development, research, advocacy, or publications and are supportive of the goals of Illinois, IDEC and International DEC.
Candidates for the Family Engagement Award shall meet the following criteria:
- Be a Parent, Family Member, Educator or Community Member.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to strengthen family engagement initiatives in the field of early intervention/early childhood education.
- Have made significant contributions on a local, regional or state level, which has improved or will improve the lives of young children with special needs, their families, or those who work on their behalf. It is encouraged, but not required, that the candidate be a current member of DEC. The contributions must be related to family engagement and be consistent with the overall goals of IDEC.